Oski Decoding Formal Events are usually hosted at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View and have attracted lots of formal enthusiasts in the bay area. Deep formal talks from Oski, lectures given by formal experts from different companies, good networking, cool gifts and museum tours have become the signature of these events that formal engineers look forward to, every quarter.
To reach out to formal enthusiasts around the world and create a bigger event than usual, the 2015 Q2 Decoding Formal event will be hosted at DAC. Our theme is proving completeness of End-to-End Formal for Sign-off.
Join the “Break the Testbench” Challenge! In the spirit of past DAC challenge events, Oski is inviting engineers to “Break the Testbench” by inserting functional bugs in the RTL design and watch the End-to-End formal testbench catch it live, on the floor, proving that End-to-End formal is complete. Visit us at booth #1215 to see if you can “Break the Testbench”. The 2015 Challenge event is sponsored by Synopsys.
The daily Decoding Formal Lecture Series includes some incredible topics. You will have an opportunity to have conversations with the speakers, including customers and Oski staff. Pre-register now to be able to join us for lunch! Links are below. All lectures will be held at Oski booth 1215. Registration is requested.
The full lineup of DAC events, Decoding Formal lunch lectures, customer presentations, including the Decoding Formal Training Day Thursday June 11, is below.
Monday, June 8, 2015
- 10:00 – 10:30 AM: Is End-to-End Formal Complete? Vigyan Singhal; Cadence theater #3515
- 12:00 – 1:15 PM: Planning for Formal Success, Vigyan Singhal, Oski Booth #1215 (Pre-register for lunch)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: When Bounded Formal Proof Is Good Enough, Kaowen Liu, MediaTek
- 4:15 – 4:45 PM: Sign-off with End-to-End Formal, Prashant Aggarwal, Oski Technology; OneSpin Booth #3126
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Sign-off with End-to-End Formal, Prashant Aggarwal, OneSpin Booth #3126
- 12:00 – 1:15 PM: Covering Complete Design Functionality with End-to-End Formal Checkers, Prashant Aggarwal, Oski Booth #1215 (Pre-register for lunch)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: Can Formal go Mainstream? Broadcom DVT’s Formal Integration in the DV Flow, Normando Montecillo, Broadcom
- 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM: 31.91 Creative Formal Techniques to Verify IP Cache, Designer and IP Track Poster, Exhibit Floor. Authors: Normando M. Montecillo, Keyu Chang, Broadcom; Ipshita Tripathi, Hargovind Singh, Vigyan Singhal, Oski Technology
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Starting Formal Right from Formal Test Planning, Vigyan Singhal, Oski Technology,
Mentor Verification Academy, Booth #2408
- 12:00 – 1:15 PM: Taking the Mystery out of Abstraction Models Vigyan Singhal, Oski Booth #1215 (Pre-register for lunch)
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: One Metric to Rule Them All: Tracking Progress on Formal Testbenches, Vikram Khosa, ARM Oski Booth #1215
- 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM: Designer Track: New Directions in Static and Formal Methods, Chaired by Vigyan Singhal, Oski Technology, Room 105
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Oski is offering an one-day training, Thursday June 11, on “Achieving Formal Sign-off” with discussions on the following topics:
Agenda: “Achieving Formal Sign-off” Decoding Formal DAC Training
10:30 AM Welcome & Introductions
Session 1: Creating a Formal Testplan
Lunch & Networking
Session 2: Writing End-to-End Formal Checkers
Session 3: Calculating Required Proof Bound
Break & Networking
Session 4: Dealing with Formal Complexity
Session 5: Using Abstraction Models
Break & Networking
Session 6: Managing Constraints
5:30 PM Wrap Up
The event is sponsored by Synopsys. Space is limited and we are almost at capacity for this all day event. The training is from 10:30 AM until 5:30 PM. Paid registration is required. Please register today.
As we count down to DAC, I am really looking forward to meeting all of you, and hearing your stories on formal. Come and join Osk for four days of formal fun!